You know you want it. So here it is.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Nice Promotion.....Assholes

So, I go to my local D'Angelo Sandwich shop for lunch.
I order a steakbomb, but no drink for two reasons;

1. For some ridiculous reason, D'Angelo thinks it is a "great deal" for their consumers to "combo up" buy adding a fountain drink and a bag of chips for $1.99. A fucking buck 99er???? The chips probably cost 'em about $.40 per bag and fountain drinks only cost eating establishments about $.09 per cup.

2. I try to avoid excess soda and usually drink water at lunch.


Anyways, I order a steak bomb and with my change I am given a "Big Papi" scratch card. Apparently D'Angelo's has brought David Ortiz aboard as an endorser to bolster their sagging status in the area.
I scratch my Big Papi card and win a "Free medium fountain drink".
I figure, well since it is free I guess I could go for a nice Mountain Dew.
So, instead of being a jerk and walking to the front of the counter and demanding my free drink, I actually wait in line again to get my prize (I had to wait for my steakbomb to be grilled anyways).
As I hand the mindless cashier lady (MCL) my prize winning card, I am informed that it is only good for my next purchase. When I told said MCL that I had waited in line again, and this WAS my next purchase, I was told that I actually had to buy something else. So, in order to get my "free" soda (cost of 9 cents to D'Angelo), I had to spend more money. So I ripped my Big Papi scratch card in half in front of MCL and told her she can keep it because I will never be back.

Somehow, I don't think the idea of a promotion is to ensure that customers never return to your store again, but what the fuck do I know.

The steakbomb was fucking subpar anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home