You know you want it. So here it is.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Once a Chump.....

Okay, so I am out for a bite to eat at a local Mexican grille in Salem, MA (yes, THAT Salem). I sidle up to a bar and order a drink. I casually look to my left and notice a kid I went to junior high school with. He was also sitting at the bar and sipping a Guinness.

Now, let me take a moment to describe my junior high school. I live in a city affectionately known as the "City of Sin" and
The Hells Angels have a VERY prominent chapter headquartered there. In junior high school, none of the really bad kids had been weeded out yet and sent to DYS. Basically, junior high was their last chance to straighten themselves out before a long haul in juvie, and let's just say that most of them didn't make it. On top of that, I am pretty sure the building that housed my junior high school was built in the mid 1800s and looked eerily like Shawshank penitentiary. In other words, junior high school was hell.

That all being said, I didn't have much of an opinion either way of this particular classmate, but he always struck me as somewhat of a chump. However, we are talking close to 20 years ago here, and who really was cool when they were 13 anyways? (certainly not me)

So, I am sitting there drinking my margarita (yes it was Monday, quit judging me!) and contemplating whether or not to say anything when the kid got up and left. Oh well, I thought, no big deal. Then I looked over and realized that said former 13 year old chump left over half his glass of Guinness unimbibed.

Un-fucking-forgivable!

Once a chump......always a chump.



I suggest you sit down and finish off your fuckin' pint mate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home