You know you want it. So here it is.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Harrassing a NY Post Reporter


Here is an interesting e-mail conversation I had with NY Post columnist Mike Vaccaro after he wrote an article suggesting that New York Yankee pitchers should throw at David Ortiz.
Here is a link to a summary of the original article. (Yes, a summary. I ain't paying to unarchive the entire thing!)
I've changed my e-mail address in this posting because I have enough stalkers already.



From: Beetlerulesgodsgreenearth@yahoo.com
Sent: Tue 5/9/2006 3:06 PM
To: Michael.Vaccaro
Subject:

So, the Yanks need to "let a little music dance across the whiskers" of David Ortiz?
Would that be the same way the blast of cum dance across your whiskers you cum guzzler!
I can hear you T-cell count dropping from here!

"I hope that you die, and your death'll come soon."
B. Dylan.


From: "Michael.Vaccaro"
To: Beetlerulesgodsgreenearth@yahoo.com
Subject: RE:
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 17:49:33 -0400

That's the single most vile thing I've ever seen. Nice stuff. You
don't just give Red Sox fans a bad name, but human beings, too.


From: Beetlerulesgodsgreenearth@yahoo.com
Sent: Wed 5/10/2006 10:08 AM
To: Michael.Vaccaro
Subject: apologies


Writing an article about throwing baseballs at people heads is pretty awful
as well. By the way, Roger CLemens faced the Red Sox 4 more times in 2003 after his famous "plate coverage" quote. He never threw at Ortiz and he actually gave up a home run to David in game 7 of the 2003 ALCS.
I do apologize for my previous e-mail, it was quite vile and inhuman.
However, the thought of a writer wrecklessly suggesting that Randy Johnson and crew purposely throw at Ortiz is sickening.
Don't forget, you are dealing with a fan base who witnessed the tragedy of
Tony Conigliaro first hand. Tony C, the youngest player ever to reach 100 career homeruns (at the ripe age of 23 year and a couple of months) probably would have been the difference maker for the great Sox teams of '67, '75, and '78.
Instead, a pitcher who was jealous at his inability to get Tony out, decided
to take it upon himself to destroy the man's career and life.
I am sure that my e-mail wasn't the only vile one you've received from
Boston, and the sad story of Tony C. is probably why.


From : Michael.Vaccaro
Sent : Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:19 PM
To: Beetlerulesgodsgreenearth@yahoo.com
Subject : RE: apologies

No apologies necessary, Chris. The great thing about sports is how it can get you fired up like this. It's why I love it so much anyway. And just to clarify: there's a difference between "throwing at" someone and "brushing him back." Tony C is the best example, and I assure you, if I or anyone else ever publicly calls for someone to get beaned, we ought to be arrested. But owning the inside part of the plate is a strategy that's been around for 150 years.

By the way, your original email got quite a few laughs from the boys in the office ... I fear they may think you were right on ...

Mike Vaccaro

1 Comments:

Blogger FINY said...

Holy crap, that's fantastic!!! Nice job!

2:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home